We have three kids. But the number of kid transportation devices we have is simply ridiculous. We have had: an umbrella stroller, a single jogger and a double jogger, a double sit/stand stroller, two bike trailers, a co-pilot bike seat (kind that mounts behind), a Bjorn, a REI framed kid backpack complete with Camelbak pouch and two Becos. That is right, at $140 a pop, we still have two Becos-we love them just that much. And they are far and wide our most used item for toting a kid on our adventures. We even have our babysitter (in picture) use one when she comes along!
Now they aren’t fail proof, a few hours with a kid over 20 lbs. might make the shoulders ache a bit, but over all here is why we LOVE them:
1. The kid is close, keeping them safe and you balanced on your feet.
2. They can be worn on front (infants) or back for toddlers up to 45 lbs.
3. They are made in the USA.
4. They wash easily and are durable.
5. They can be rolled into a fanny pack size when the kiddo wants to travel on their own.
6. They are cute and stylish for those times you don’t want to appear like you’ve been hiking all day.
Definitely a 10 Ten Must Have for any of our trips.