Enter: My new favorite backpack. Talk about a multi-purpose pack. But I’ll get to that.
- Volume: 1500 cubic inches/ 25 L
- Pack weight: 2.4 lbs.
- Waist belt 24″- 60″
- Torso length: fixed 17″
- Hydration-ready (2 liters) with right and left ports and clips for the drinking tube
- 2 side mesh pouches with cinch cord for keeping water bottles secure
- Low profile reduces pack “bounce”
- Long front pocket great for maps or trail “bait” (a.k.a. candy and snacks)
- Stiff backed, giving support of internal frame without aluminum stays
- Integrated rain fly
- Enough loops and straps and velcro for a day ice climbing or all the kid’s crap you need to haul to the zoo!
Why is the Summit 1500 a Multi-tasking Must have?
Plain and simple, this is a great sized pack that is useful for a broad spectrum of outdoor activities. It has the durability and functionality of a pack needed for ultimate outdoor adventures at a cost that most people can stomach.
I have used this pack:
- For snowshoeing and hiking. Lightweight and comfortable.
- For skiing. The low-profile is very nice while wearing it on a chairlift!
- As a “diaper” bag. We are almost out of the diaper realm but every mom needs a go-to bag for all the kid’s crap. And having a hydration bladder for EVERY moment the kid’s are thirsty comes in very handy!
- For climbing. A great size for a day of sport climbing, with straps for helmets and extras on the outside.
- I’ve also known many who use this pack regularly for backcountry skiing and short, ultralight backpacking trips.
- Now my favorite part: It fits adults and kids! I tried it on my friend’s 7-yr-old and it fit near perfect, maybe a tad long in the torso but the straps all cinched down small enough.. So while my kids are still about 2 inches shy, next summer this will make a great backpacking pack for them!
Teton Sports has monthly giveaways too! Here is the Giveaway Link: http://tetonsports.com/