From Lake Tahoe we jumped down I-80 towards San Francisco and stayed just north of Bodega Bay. THE DRIVE WAS BEAUTIFUL! But when we arrived we were all a little shocked by how cold it was. Man, what a temperature difference!
Cost:$30-$32/ night. Day use fee of $7 per car if you aren’t camping.
Location:North end of Bodega Bay
Amenities:Vault and flush toilets / showers; picnic tables and fire ring. Firewood sold by camp hosts.
- Great area for the kid’s to bike, climb coastal trees, build forts, and collect shells.
- You are a five-minute walk from the beach on Bodega Bay, sea-lion spotting, wading and general sand castle fun!
- Depending on your site, you are a 2 minute walk from the waters of Bodega Harbor.
- There is good hiking or trail running north of Bodega Bay on the Kortum trail, which has segments varying in length from .5 to 2.5 miles. You can link the segments for a more substantial length.
- Close to the town of Bodega Bay. Great seafood, shops, and sightseeing.