Honestly, until this summer I haven’t been all that worried about my kid’s eyes when we are out adventuring in the sun. Probably more out of ignorance than anything. But I wear sunglasses ALL THE TIME…well most-the-time since we live in sun-drenched Utah. And so I’ve been working on getting my kids to wear them too. This is just one of the pairs we’ve been testing out.
- Test Location: Sunny southwest and Pacific Northwest
- Duration: 3 weeks
- Activities: beach walking, paddle boarding, running, hiking
- Best Use: For kids/young adults who need a higher performance sunglass for athletics or recreation
- I really have no complaints about the performance or design of these sunglasses!
- Fit my 7-year-old and 5-year-old perfectly.
- Ultralight, making them more comfortable and the kids will keep them on longer without complaining.
- Very stylish.
- Protection I trust. All Under Armour® Performance Eyewear lenses block 100% of UVA, UVB, and UVC rays.
- Lenses seems to shed water well.
- Don’t bobble or fall off on runs.
- These would fit an elementary age child through young teen. Even an adult with a small face.
- Cost! As a mom I cannot toss out $50 for my kids sunglasses on a regular basis. So reserve these for the responsible kid who 1. won’t lose them and 2. won’t break them before they leave the house! We have a “return to mom” policy when my daughter is done wearing them on our adventures.
Jury is Still Out
- We have not had these sunglasses long enough to see how they hold up under the active and not always careful touch of kid hands and rough play.
General product details:
- Gray lenses
- Ultra-light ArmourFusion™ frames are built from a combination of titanium and Grilamid for superior strength and flexibility
- Patented ArmourSight® lenses deliver 20% more undistorted peripheral vision, and are 10X stronger than ordinary polycarbonate lenses
- Patented Multiflection™ lens coating eliminates visual obstructions by repelling water and resisting scratching, smudging, and staining
- Airflow technology keeps you cool and comfortable
- Three-Point Grip ensures a comfortable and secure fit
- All Under Armour® Performance Eyewear lenses block 100% of UVA, UVB, and UVC rays
- We’d like to thank Under Armour for providing these sunglasses to The Kid Project for the purpose of review. As always, these are our real experiences and opinions.