Our kids live in their winter boots for four months out of the year. So naturally we have a high bar on traction, performance, and cost. Today we are reviewing Stonz Winter Bootz for kids. We’ve been nothing but impressed with these!
Tested in: Wasatch Range, UT; winter conditions
Best Use: Winter boot, sledding, snowshoeing, daily living
What makes these boots different: They are lightweight! I mean noticeably lighter than any other kid’s snow boots we’ve tried. This is awesome for the little ones. And as far as I can tell, they are superb at keeping the feet warm.
- A slip resistant sole, coupled with a 600D nylon upper have produced a boot that will withstand temperatures down to -50oC/-58oF.
- Available in 2 colors.
- Suitable for children up to 14 years of age!
- Everything about the design of theses boots is well thought out. The opening is wide, making for easy on/off. Yet there is an elastic drawstring at the closure for a customized fit.
- The velcro enclosure makes it even EASIER to put the foot in, along with any thick socks, pants, etc.
- You can tighten an ankle strap to secure the boot for activities like snowshoeing, where you need the boot to be tighter fitting.
- There is a removable liner in case you need to wash or dry them out.
Performance: The traction has been adequate and I’ve never had a boot rated down to -58oF. Impressive!
Desired Improvements: None. I am incredible impressed with how thought out these boots are for real-world use.
Bottom Line: These are my favorite kid’s winter boots I’ve tried. Having tried everything from WalMart boots to higher end Keen winter boots, I am amazed at their performance and design…especially for the price! I will be buying more in the future.